Eben!Holz e.V. is also involved in educational work and offers events and lectures on the following topics:
- Eben!Holz: the work of the association
- Sustainability in instrument making
- bedrohte Holzarten und das Washingtoner Artenschutzabkommen (CITES):
- Consequences for the daily workshop routine of instrument makers
- Consequences for musicians
In addition, contact can be made with a specialist speaker who can go into (more depth) on the following topics:
Musical instrument making in times of global environmental change:
- Global contexts, impacts and interconnections of the mutual threats to tonewood species, their ecosystems and the traditional craft of musical instrument making.
- Specific examples of the current situation of tonewood species in musical instrument making (e.g. for pernambuco, ebony species, rosewood species, sycamore maple, etc.).
- International control and protection mechanisms for the conservation of endangered species in a globalised world.
- Sustainable and future-oriented options for action in musical instrument making
For questions and interest, please contact us by mail: education(at)eben-holz.org.